Stotfold Reserves 2 Dunton 1 - Biggleswade Knockout Cup

Dunton Lose Out To 88th Minute Winner In Biggleswade KO Cup Final

Dunton were to lose out in tonight's Biggleswade KO Cup Final to Stotfold Reserves when Rowan Hedley headed a 88th minute winner to prevent the game going to a penalty shoot-out.

After a goalless first half, David Pugh shot Dunton into the lead two minutes into the new period only for Sean Penny to level matters on the hour mark and that's the way it stayed until Hedley header won the day.

Langford Reserves 1 Dunton 2 - Biggleswade Knockout Cup

Premier Division Supported By Sportsform Dunton will be making their way next Wednesday May 13th to Biggleswade United's Second Meadow Ground for a meeting with Stotfold Reserves in the 2008-09 Biggleswade Ko Cup Final.

Last night's Semi-Final ties saw Dunton with goals from Dave Pugh and Steve Snelling against a Langford Reserves reply from Jeremy Wiseman in the closing minute of the game win 2-1.

Campton 4 Dunton 1

Runners-up Campton were also finishing their season on a high with a 4-1 home win over Dunton, two first half goals via Gary Gibson and Stephen Gay saw them lead 2-0 at the break until with just three minutes of the new period played Nicky Threadgold reduced the margin to just a single goal, but a second strike from Gibson took the home side 3-1 up until ten minutes from time when Stef Collins netted his first ever Campton goal to see the game finish 4-1 in Campton's favour.

Riseley Sports 3 Dunton 2

Riseley Sports after seven straight home defeats at last gave their supporters something to cheer about with a 3-2 win over Dunton, strikes from Daniel Czaicki, Paul Brown and Tony Graham taking them 3-0 up until goals inside the closing twenty minutes from Dave Pugh and Nicky Threadgold had them hanging on at the final whistle.

Dunton 2 Meltis Corinthians 1

Meltis Corinthians hopes of gaining this seasons silver medals were to take a blow when they went down to a 2-1 defeat at Dunton, David Pugh heading the home side ahead seven minutes from the break which Tony Millioti cancelled out in time added on in the opening period only to see Jon Ranson hit the home sides winner twenty minutes from time.

Dunton 0 Amptill Town Reserves 0 (Dunton win 3-2 on penalties) - Biggleswade Knockout Cup

Dunton are through to the Biggleswade Knockout Cup Semi finals and will play either Biggleswade Town Reserves or Langford Town Reserves after needing penalties to progress through after an uninspiring 0-0 draw.

Dunton 2 Sharnbrook 2

The days other top flight game at Horseshoes Close between hosts Dunton and visitors Sharnbrook ending all square at 2-2, Tim Jarman with a goal on the half-hour mark placing Dunton ahead until Scott Rothery levelled matters two minutes before the interval and Ric Bulzis gave the visitors the lead on 65minutes only to see a Nicky Threadgold strike ten minutes from time earn Dunton a share of the spoils which could oh have been even better had not David Gill missed with a header from just two yards out in the closing minute of the game.

Dunton 0 Wilhamstead 2

Wilshamstead were taking their winning ways to four games to climb up to ninth spot in the league table with a 2-0 victory at Dunton, a own goal opening their account before Michael Jones added a second.

Dunton 1 Caldecote 4

Caldecote's lead at the head of the league table is now up to fifteen points after they came away from Horseshoes Close 4-1 away winners over Dunton, Steve Starling opened the scoring by heading them into the lead twenty minutes into the contest before a strike from Tim Jarman three minutes from the break ensured the teams would go in at half-time all square at 1-1, after the break Leeroy Odd restored the visitors the lead from distance on 55minutes before the points were sealed fiftten minutes from time when Russell Kemp headed Caldecote 3-1 clear but the goal of the game was to arrive five minutes later when home player Nicky Threadgold chipped his own goalkeeper Michael Dring from near-on the half-way line to gift wrap the league leaders a fourth goal.

Blunham 0 Dunton 3

Ickwell's climb up the table coming at the expense of Blunham who were to have their five game unbeaten run ended when beaten on home soil 0-3 by a Dunton side winning their third away trip on the bounce, David Pugh taking advantage of some good work from Lee Threadgold to fire them 1-0 up on the half-hour mark until a family move between the three Threadgold brothers saw Nicky head the visitors 2-0 ahead on the hour mark with their victory being sealed ten minutes from time with a second Nicky Threadgold strike all thanks to some fine build-up play by brother Lee, Dunton now climbing into sixth spot in the table above Renhold United who were held to a 2-2 home draw by Riseley Sports.

Dunton 2 AFC Kempston Town 3

Yet it was not a good day for Dunton who after three straight wins were beaten 2-3 on home soil by AFC Kempston Town who were winning for the first time in ten outings, it all started well enough for the home side has they shot 2-0 ahead just five minutes into the game with goals from Lee Threadgold from the edge of the box and his brother Nicky from all of thirty-five yards out but by half-time the scoreline was all square at 2-2 thanks to Town strikes from Shaiwur Rahman and Danny Pilgrim and when early in the second period Lee Threadgold got himself sent off it was a backs against the wall job for the home side with the Town taking the points thanks to a second Pilgrim goal on the hour mark.

Bedford SA 0 Dunton 3

After last weekends Britannia Cup win at Campton it was a return to earth for bottom of the table Bedford Sports Athletic losing out on home soil 0-3 to Dunton, the visitors Steve Monks setting his side on the way to the three points with a goal on the half-hour mark before ten minutes later a long boot from goalkeeper Michael Dring found Steve Snelling whose telling cross was deflected into his own goal by an Athletic defender for 2-0, a lead Dunton were to increase ten minutes into the new half when Dave Pugh became the playmaker to allow Nicky Threadgold to make it 3-0 which was the way it stayed after Athletic's Paul Nigro missed from the penalty spot on the hour mark.

Renhold Utd 1 Dunton 2

The result of the day however in the top flight belonged to Dunton who were to end Renhold United's unbeaten home ways of seven games with a 2-1 win, United without a recognized goalkeeper were to start the day with Paul Daniels between the posts but even he was only to last twenty minutes before having to go off injured and be replaced by Richard Hall, during his spell on the pitch Dunton were to take the lead when Daniels could only help a Tom McGhee effort back into the path of Lee Threadgold who made no mistake to give his side a 1-0 lead a lead his brother Nicky Threadgold should have doubled but somehow he missed a open goal.

United were to draw level five minutes into the new period, a pinpointed cross from Daniel Green being slammed home by Nigel Drummond but it was to be a poor clearance from deputy goalkeeper Hall that gave Dunton their winner five minutes from time Tom McGhee taking full advantage to net from thirty yards out and bring up the final 2-1 scoreline.

Dunton 3 Oakley 2

The result of the day belonged to Dunton who ended a three game losing run with a 3-2 home victory over Oakley Sports, it was The Sportsmen with a goal from Dean Bowen after just five minutes who lead at the break but with a strike on the hour mark from Steve Snelling and a real poacher's goal from Dave Pugh ten minutes later the home side lead 2-1 until Chris Huckle levelled matters ten minutes from time but with just two minutes left on the watch up popped Pugh to net his second of the afternoon to take his side to the full three points.

Ickwell & OW 3 Dunton 0

Winning on home soil were Ickwell & Old Warden with a 3-0 win over Dunton much to the delight of manager Alan Turner who for the first time this season had a full squad of players to chose from, Steve Thomas opening the scoring after eight minutes which was doubled two minutes from the break by Zak Rowe whilst Thomas grabbed his second and Ickwell's third twenty minutes into the new half.

Caldecote 6 Dunton 1

For current Premier Division Supported By Sportsform league leaders Caldecote life was quite straight forward at Harvey Close where they opened the New Year with a 6-1 win over Dunton, the game in effect being all over by the half-time break has the home side raced into a 4-0 lead, just fifteen minutes into the contest a cross from Dave Daniels had Dunton's Dan Threadgold in panic mode to send the ball flying passed his own goalkeeper for the opener and when Leeroy Odd doubled the home sides lead ten minutes later it perhaps now was a question of how many more goals were going to follow, number three arriving ten minutes from the break when Russell Kemp stole in on the backpost to head home a Daniels cross and the fourth arrived via Steve Starling just seven minutes later.

Dunton however then suddenly looked a different outfit in the early exchanges of the new half and when Dave Pugh was on hand to capitalize on a error by Matt Basta to bring the scoreline back to 4-1 on 65 minutes their supporters were given hope that all was not lost but those hopes lasted just five minutes until a handball by Steve Monks gave the home side a penalty from which Odd make no mistake to take his side 5-1 clear whilst Monks nightmare afternoon was completed five minutes from time with an own goal to take Caldecote's tally to six but to be fair to the young Dunton defender who only joined the action at half-time Tom Wallace would have scored anyway.

Meltis Corinthians 2 Dunton 0

Third place Meltis Corinthians are now within two points of Campton with a game in hand and just ten points shy of Caldecote with three games in hand after they extended their seasons unbeaten ways with a 2-0 home win over Dunton, 0-0 at the break second half strikes from David Benson their recent signing from Wilshamstead and Alex Woolston took The Sweetboys to victory.

Dunton 2 Riseley Sports 4

Dunton's three game winning run was brought to a halt with a 2-4 home defeat at the hands of Riseley Sports who thus brought to a end their own four game losing run, man of the match Paul Brown shooting the visitors ahead in the opening minute until a defensive error on the half-hour mark enabled Jon Ranson to level matters Brown was to restore the visitors lead just a minute from the break and then twenty minutes into the new half completed his hattrick to take his side 3-1 clear with a breakway effort, but it was game back on ten minutes from time when Steve Snelling with a solo run made it 2-3 only to see Tom Ellison come up with a fourth Sportsman's goal five minutes later to seal his side the points.

Wilshamstead 1 Dunton 5

Dunton's winning ways to three games with a 5-1 win at Wilshamstead, a Barry Morris header from a Lee Threadgold corner giving Dunton the lead just two minutes in and when Nicky Threadgold raced onto a long clearance from goalkeeper James Campbell to slot his side 2-0 ahead after twenty minutes it looked game over but a goal from Jim Struthers brought the scoreline back to 1-2 and after Dave Benson had twice hit the Dunton woodwork he and all among the home support were far from happy with referee Graham Caves after he ruled out a effort from the home striker for offside with the half-time whistle looming, the second half was however to belong to Dunton and in particular to Lee Threadgold who stole the show with a brace of goals to take Dunton 4-1 clear before Steve Starling brought up the nap hand for a final 5-1 scoreline and earn Dunton the three points to take them into the top half of the league table.

Dunton 6 Henlow 0

A penalty from Lee Threadgold plus a strike from Nicky Threadgold giving Dunton a 2-0 interval lead which was added to in the new period by first Nicky Threadgold then Jon Ranson, Dave Pugh and Martin Cull before the home supporters were smiling even more when right on the stroke of the final whistle David Gill sent a effort crashing against the crossbar from all of a yard out.

Henlow 1 Dunton 4

Now moving above Ickwell & Old Warden in the league table are Dunton who came up with a 4-1 win at Henlow to end their own losing run of four games but leave their hosts searching for their first home win of the campaign, the games opening two chances were to fall the way of the home side when from a Pete Saunders corner, Dunton's Dan Threadgold was to turn the ball against his own crossbar which was then again to be rattled by home defender Byan Sego but with twenty minutes played Dunton took the lead, Steve Snelling firing in a free kick from some twenty-five yards out which gave debutant home goalkeeper Robert Herd no chance.

With just three minutes of the opening period remaining Dunton were to double their lead when after a sweeping move between David Pugh and Snelling, Nicky Threadgold having only just joined Dunton this week following his transfer from Sandy was on hand to finish well and take his new club two goals clear, early second half action saw James Tizard and Jake Rennie both go close for the home side whilst at the other end Threadgold brothers Nicky and Dan so nearly put the matter beyond recall for the home side.

But beyond recall it was eleven minutes from time, Herd being totally punished for a poor clearance which was to worked down the right flank to Nicky Threadgold whose pinpointed cross saw Pugh outjump the home defence and head his side 3-0 ahead, that lead was however to last for just five minutes and this time it was Nicky Threadgold the guilty party has his mistimed tackle on Rennie had referee Stuart Wells pointing to the penalty spot from where Jim Gentry was to reduce the arrears to one of just two goals but it was the visitors who were to have the last say with a fourth goal three minutes from time, Nicky Threadgold breaking loose to go one to one with home goalkeeper Herd who was to win that battle but to then be beaten by the rebound fired home by the third of the Threadgold brothers Lee.

Dunton 0 Campton 3

Dunton are still looking for their first home win of the season and now find themselves in the bottom three of the league table, but on this evidence it will not be long before both of these matters are put right with visiting manager Roy Hayday leaving Horseshoes Close well impressed with the home sides display and home manager Barry Morris now out of hospital was far from downbeat in view of the fact that Campton did not seal their win until late in the second half to remain second in the league table behind Caldecote on goal difference only.

Campton were to take the lead nine minutes into the contest when Kerion O'Toole having been promoted from the reserve team repaid manager Hayday's faith with a goal and until Gary Gibson added a second thirteen minutes from time that's the way it stayed, Gibson's scoring partner Andrew Hayday was then guilty of missing two real sitters before Lee Addington with his first goal for the club three minutes from time ensured the three points were going to be Campton's.

Caldecote 4 Dunton 1

Neil Mapletoft's Caldecote now sit proudly on top of the Premier Division Supported By Sportsform league table on goal difference from Campton after in his words not really playing that well in overcoming a Dunton side whose own manager Barry Morris remains in hospital following an injury to his spleen whilst playing Sunday football last weekend which is likely to keep him out of action until well into the New Year but hopefully back on touchline duty for next weekends home clash with Campton.

The home side were to gain the lead sixteen minutes into the game with a goal from Dave Daniels and that's the way it stay at the break with manager Mapletoft being forced to join in the action himself early in the new period to replace injured brother Adrian and he had been on the pitch less than ten minutes when his side doubled the lead to 2-0, Leeroy Odd firing the ball into the back of the net from out wide which if that's what he meant to do will go close to being The Harvey Close goal of the season but the majority view was it was a knock to the backpost that got lucky on the wind.

Mapletoft had been joined in the second half by fellow substitute Glen Renforth who was to put the result beyond the visitors reach with a third home goal on seventy-five minutes before they reduced the arrears back to two goals when Dave Gill netted three minutes later only for Odd to turn playmaker five minutes from time to allow Steve Starling to tap home goal number four, Starling being chosen by Mapletoft has his man of the match mainly for his deadly crosses which if only Odd and Kyle Griffiths-Shilton had converted half of the scoreline would have been much greater.

Dunton 1 Blunham 5

Blunham were to return to winning ways and move back into the top six of the league table after in home manager Barry Morris words we simply just let them brush us aside without really putting up much of a fight especially in the scond half when we were very poor defensively, Dunton without a home win to their name this season were soon on the backfoot when Michael Jones gave Blunham a early lead but had not Sam Manners failed to score from six yards out the home side would have been level shortly afterwards, Manners miss proving even more expensive when Jones doubled the Blunham lead before the half-time cuppa's

There however was hope for the home supporters ten minutes into the new period when Lee Threadgold set up his brother Dan to reduce the arrears to a single goal but this prove to be a false dawn has the home defence caved in to allow Andy Smith, Ivan Finch and Michael Hutton all to add to the scoreline by the ninety minute mark.

Totternhoe 3 Dunton 2 - County Cup

With manager Barry Morris still without the services of Tom McGhee and Steve Snelling his troops came all so close to causing a upset at Dunstable Road has the home side clung on for dear life in the closing ten minutes, it was the home side who grabbed the lead after twenty minutes but within five minutes Dunton were level when a shot from Sam Manners deflected off a home defender into his own goal to make it 1-1 only to see Totternhoe regain the lead on the half-hour mark.

It looked curtains for Dunton when the home side increased their lead to 3-1 on the hour mark but the goal only revitalised the visitors with it being game back on ten minutes from time when Dan Threadgold stuck from twenty yards out from his unfavoured left foot to bring the margin back to a single goal but despite a frantic close to the game when all the action was totally carried out in the home half Dunton just failed to come up with the goal that would have taken them into extra time.

AFC Kempston Town 3 Dunton 1

Dunton travelled to Hillgrounds still 100% on the road this season to face a home side defending a 100% seasons home record, but after the visitors Andrew Spiers, David Gill and Dan Threadgold had missed chances in the opening twenty minutes to put their side in the driving seat it was The Town who then took over to have the game sealed up by the half-time break with three goals inside a fifteen minute spell, Danny Pilgrim helping himself to a brace whilst Paul Lawrence added the third.

Dunton now playing against the wind in the second period never really looked likely to get back into the contest with the influence in midfield which is normally provided by Tom McGhee solely missed but they did at least reduce the scoreline to two goals when Gill made amends for his earlier miss with a strike in the 90th minute, the defeat dropping Dunton into the bottom five of the league table whilst the home side now move up into seventh spot.

Dunton 1 Bedford Sports Athletic 1

Dunton are still looking for their first home win of the season after being held by bottom of the table Bedford Sports Athletic with home manager Barry Morris being honest enough to admit quite frankly we did'nt deserve any more than a point today and i can't quite understand how they ( Athletic ) are sitting on the bottom of the table, after a goalless opening half, Michael Ambler gave Athletic the lead ten minutes into the new period which they held until David Pugh levelled matters twenty minutes from time.

Sharnbrook 0 Dunton 3

Dunton manager Barry Morris was left wondering after this Lodge Road clash, was it the air in North Beds his side like having won just down the road at Oakley fourteen days ago or is it the pressure of their home fans that prevents them getting off the mark at Horseshoes Close.

This game could have gone either way being deadlocked for the opening seventy minutes goalless that was until Sam Manners latched onto a Dan Threadgold ball to send it curling into the top corner of the goal from the edge of the penalty box to give Dunton the lead and with Threadgold adding two more goals inside the next fifteen minutes the visitors were home and dry.

Manager Morris highlighting the performance of Jon Ranson in the middle of the park for the man of the match award.

Dunton 1 Renhold United 3

It was a case of after the Lord Mayor show for Barry Morris Dunton side this weekend has they allowed United to come from a goal down to take all three points away from Horseshoes Close in a tight affair, a free kick after eight minutes play from Tom McGhee allowed David Pugh to steal in and grab the lead for the home side until on the half-hour mark Dee Sayid took full advantage of the perfect cross from Mo Bander to draw United level, then Sayid became the playmaker for Sam Maddocks who duly shot United ahead five minutes from the interval.

The home side territorially had all the play in the early stages of the new half but with Paul Beattie marshalling the United defence in commanding fashion they never really looked like getting back on even terms and it was game up on the hour mark when Maddocks added United's third goal with a low driven free kick to allow them to collect their first win of the season.

Oakley Sports 1 Dunton 3

After their heavy home defeat at the hands of Ickwell & Old Warden last weekend, Dunton were to come up with the result of the day in collecting the full three points off last seasons runners-up Oakley Sports giving a display which even home manager Jim Burke was quoted as saying they were full value for their win despite us turning in a awful performance then tongue in cheek adding he still believed his side was good enough to beat the drop.

Dunton were to gain the lead on twenty minutes with a Lee Threadgold strike from some twenty five yards out then double their advantage when a Tom Mcghee cross pinpointed Steve Snelling who completed the damage from close range, if Threadgold's opener for Dunton had been a cracker then twenty minutes into the second period Kevin Evans rocket of a free kick from thirty-five yards was even better to reduce the arrears to just a single goal, that was until a fine passing move saw Threadgold cut the ball back into the path of Sam Manners to net from close range to seal the Dunton victory fifteen minutes from time, with manager Barry Morris at the final whistle that happy he was off in search of a maypole to dance around.

Dunton 0 Ickwell & Old Warden 5

Dunton's return to the top flight of Bedfordshire League Football was not to be a happy one, manager Barry Morris remarking they gave us a lesson in how to finsh this afternoon and were 100% clinical in front of goal whilst his opposite number Alan Turner whilst over the moon with his sides five goals was even more pleased with the performance of debut goalkeeper Vinny Govoni who has taken over the number one jersey from the injured Martin Hammocks.

The Boys from The Green were 3-0 ahead at the break thanks to two goals from Zak Rowe and a strike from Nick Jones and it was game over early in the second period when Danny Fox added a fourth before man of the match Ricky Aris completed the rout.